Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Keep Your Dogs off the Beach!


I haven't been tracking the baby seals too closely, but I do know they are around and are having a hard time finding peaceful places to rest.

I did spot one this morning, but I won't tell you where. He was sleeping on an outcropping which was completely surrounded by water. It should have protected him from most of the beach walkers. As I was watching from afar, he was chased off the rocks by two huge golden retrievers - off leash. Their owner just looked up at me and said, "Sorry."

I could see the baby's head bobbing in the water. Occasionally he looked back toward the dogs. I never did see the mother show up.

I'll just leave it at that. I'm not going to get all preachy. I will say that I have a dog. I walk it every day. And I follow the rules. He's always on a leash and never on the beach.

My friend Casey. (Not my dog.)

1 comment:

  1. Casey is such a sweetie...everytime I see her while walking my pooch she lays down and awaits my arrival.

    ReplyDelete