Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Days


Snow Tyranosaurus

Even though the snow can be a pain, it is always exciting. It seems as if everyone's routine life is thrown up into the air and we all run around like chickens with our heads cut off. Fun!

How many times did we nag our teenage son to be careful on the roads last night? He made the smart move and didn't even drive home. Don't know if he will even be able to get home today. It's OUR car!

I got out for a walk around 8 this am. I bagged the 5 miler and did just a quick walk down the beach and back. I carried my Sunday New York Times in my backpack, snapped a few photos and headed for Tully's for a grande latte. I sat around and read the paper there for about an hour. Heading back, I didn't want to cross Admiral Way again (too dangerous for pedestrians); so I detoured around Alki Point and along the south beach toward home. The icy conditions really made for slow walking. It was frustrating to have to focus on my footing instead of the beautiful scenery.

Got home and shoveled the sidewalk. So proud of myself that we were prepared with a snow shovel and sidewalk salt.

Maybe I will get out for another walk later this afternoon. Fortunately, I don't feel like I have cabin fever.


We've had a beautiful full moon this week. It's on its way out now.


Snow Person (and friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment